How to get the “Golden Visa” in Portugal?
The application for the residence permit should be handed in within 90 days counting from the applicant´s first entry into the country, whilst the investment must have been made at the time the application is submitted and must be maintained for a minimum period of five years from the date the residence permit is granted.
In addition, the following documents are required:
• Passport or another valid travelling document
• Proof of legal entry and permanence in national territory
• Proof of health insurance
• Signed application enabling consultation of the Portuguese Criminal Records by SEF
• Criminal Record Certificate from the relevant authority of the applicant’s home country or from any other country where he/ she resided for over a year
The Golden Visa is originally valid for one year and then renewed for successive periods of two years, provided that the requirements of the investment activity as well as the following minimum stay periods in Portugal are maintained: 30 days in the first year and 60 days in the following periods of two years.
Holders of a Golden Visa may apply for family reunification and also travel freely in the Schengen area for a maximum period of three months (90 days) per half-year from the date of their first entry.
Finally, applicants must not have been convicted of a crime punishable with deprivation of liberty exceeding one year, not be subject of an entry ban in national territory following a removal order from the country nor be subject of alerts in SEF’s Integrated Information System or in the Schengen Information System.